- 21 Questions with…Designer Cynthia Rowley - ”The last thing I Googled was cool sweatbands and A Streetcar Named Desire.”
- Designer Knockoffs: Is Zara Copying Celine or Is Everyone Copying Everyone? - In fashion, is there a difference between allusion and straight-up theft?
- Style and the Successful Girl with Celeb Stylist Gretta Monahan - Editor-at-large Julie Bensman catches up with Gretta Monahan, the insanely savvy businesswoman, TV stylist and soon-to-be-author.
- Seeing Double: Ciara and Jennifer Hudson Both Get Spotted in Versace and More Matching Celebs - This week’s celeb style showdown revolves around celebs doubling up on everything from leopard prints to leaves and even florals.
- Beauty Foods: Eat Your Way to Gorgeous, Young-Looking Skin - For healthy, glowing skin, consider adding these nourishing beauty foods to your diet.
- Shoe Porn: 20 Designer Shoes at the Top of Our Lust List - The most jaw-dropping, eye-popping, heart-beating shoes Fall 2013.
- Lucy Hale Meets a Unicorn and Other Celeb Twitpics of the Week - Snap-happy celebs this week also included Camilla Luddington facing off against a steak, Milla Jovovich and her summer selfies and Rebel Wilson having a Super Fun Day.
- Four Runway Skirt Trends We’re Wearing This Fall - Whether you prefer your separates subtle like Celine’s flared midi or more statement-making like Moschino’s box-pleated mini, we’ve got the key to your Fall wardrobe right here.
- The Best Beauty Products for ‘Down There’ - Feminine products designed specifically to care for your lady parts.
- Primary Colors: Designers Get Back to Basics for Fall - Vibrant looks in red, blue and yellow ruled the runway color trends Fall 2013.
Another season has come and gone, and before we dive into what the Europeans have to offer in the coming weeks, it’s time to look back at what we learned about Fall 2013 during New York Fashion Week. First and foremost, things aren’t going be be quite as busy and boisterous going forward as they have been over the past few seasons. Most brands showed lots of neutrals (black and white, in combination, in particular) and subdued colors, which is great for people like us. It gives accessories an opportunity to sing.
And sing they did. The bags out of New York this season are exotic, furry, haircalf’d and embellished with textiles and jewels. As fussy as that sounds, though, there’s a sophistication to the best of the group that takes down the volume by an order of magnitude and manages to make those elements look wearable and elegant. Below, the 20 strongest American contenders for your handbag dollars from Fall 2013.